Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Saying What? to Real

To Whom It May Concern:

I was watching TV one day to see a good message about saying no to fake, over processed food and to say yes to eating something actually good for you. I was very shocked to see the product you were pushing. Mayonnaise! Seriously? I know your point is that with a balanced diet you can eat just about anything, but to try to sell your product by suggesting that mayonnaise is actually good for you is just a bit wrong. Tomato, lettuce, bread and turkey do make for a healthier lunch than a burger and fries. Omega-3s are good for you. However, a lot of hamburgers have mayonnaise on them too. Are these bad or good? Mayonnaise does not make something a better choice. All the experts I have heard say a big no to mayonnaise. The fact is a person that eats healthy and exercises can eat what they choose. This is because they are choosing healthy foods and a small amount of mayonnaise would not kill a healthy diet, but mayonnaise is not part of a healthy diet nor is it not good for you. There are two ingredients on your label that should make anyone question the 'real' of your product, natural flavors and Calcium Disodium EDTA. Real food doesn't have natural flavors added to them nor should they need them in my opinion. If you are supposed to eat it then nature would intend for it to taste good. The second screams of processing to me. Calcium Disodium EDTA as stated by your label is used to protect quality. Preservatives have been suggested in studies to be the real reason for hyperactivity in children, so another hit towards your commercial for suggesting it would be great for them. One table spoon of your Mayonnaise would be 15% of my daily intake of fat, and that dear sir or madam does not to me suggest it should be pushed as something healthy.



The ad.

1 comment:

Joni said...

I'm happy to know I'm not the only person that actually listens to what the commercials DON'T tell you.