Friday, November 14, 2008

What -ism It?

By now we all know who the president elect is. If you don't what rock have you been hiding under? Barrack Obama received the nod from the American people, without or with the help of racism. Personally, I didn't vote. I thought they were both good men, and both would do the country a great service whoever should have been the winner. Most people I personally know voted for McCain. I don't talk politics, so I don't know their reasons. My parents are republicans so that was their reason. My husband voted for Obama. So here is the point. We all know of someone who didn't vote for Obama because he is black. That is racism plain and simple. I know of people that would have got out of the military nor would have voted for Hillary Clinton because she is a woman. This is sexism. What I wonder is what is it called when you vote for someone just because they are black or just because they are a woman? I can site reasons that sticking to your own kind just because they are as being a bad thing. I think Obama will be a great president. I also think if someone voted for him just because he is black that it was a bad idea. I just wonder what -ism is it?

No comments: