Friday, November 21, 2008

Where is My Bailing Bucket?

A lot of peoples' safety rafts have sprung a leak lately, and the government is handing out billions in bailouts. Most of us know that by now. The big 3 automakers are asking for help now also. Well I guess I should say more help, they have already received money. Millions of jobs could be lost should these companies fail. I say let them. Greed runs rampant within these companies, from the bottom up. A town I use to live in had both a Ford and GM plant. Once a worker was in the union they would make anywhere between 15 - 20 dollars an hour to do work a monkey could do… okay, maybe a parrot or dolphin given the right appendages. The work is simple for the most part is the point. They get in the union within a few months of starting at the factory. Why was the union created? To ensure FAIR wages for the employees. Now when these companies were making tons of money the workers deserved it, but now these companies are looking at bankruptcy. Instead of the unions coming forwarding and saying hey I would rather have 5 dollars less an hour then not receive a paycheck at all they set back and wait for a bailout or ask for more, you know raises and such. Now let's look to our Mercedes, Hyundai and Toyota plants. No unions, good wages, and they are doing very well. Hyundai said they may have to a cut back a few days due to the lack of demand but people aren't getting laid off, out of work for weeks nor are factories closing. Not only that but more foreign car factories are set to open, two being KIA and Volkswagen. I'm not putting all the blame on the worker, I mean if I could go and work for 20 an hour at an easy job I would too. I blame the unions, the company themselves for over pricing their products that for the most part isn't worth it most of the time in my opinion and everyone else just for only thinking about how much money they want (which is always more than what they have) and getting themselves into this mess in the first place.

What I want to know is who is going to save me? When I got divorced the court order my ex to pay on a house we had bought together but he never did. It foreclosed and completely ruined my credit. (FYI I had paid on the house for two years by myself while the divorce was going on.) He may not have been able to handle it due to the fact the adjustable rate kicked in a couple of weeks after the divorce was final. I don't know. He could have just wanted to be a complete ass. Still though, my credit it is useless due to a court order that was unenforced. I don't believe this is fair considering I did everything I was supposed to. Who is going to bail me out I wonder?

1 comment:

Joni said...

I think this country needs to go back to making things. No unions which now a days just skims money off the workers, but then the employers need to show some loyalty to their employees. The trust factor needs to go both ways.
When unions were formed they were necessary, but these days they are just another layer of buraucrasy. But you're right about one thing, where's the help to people who are hurting. The banks and other companies who took bail out money had to show they did everything possible to save their business, so the jobs got cut anyway. WHERE ARE THE JOBS??