Saturday, December 22, 2007

Buying Furniture: Update

The Issue: A missing bed frame...

I called the man who didn't deliver last night, and according to him he had just attempted to call my house and my cell phone with no answers. Bull, because neither rung and although I can believe one screwing up but I can not believe both had. Supposedly the headboard is cracked and he won't give me busted furniture. Okay, that is fair, I don't want busted furniture. Well he wanted to give me a mattress set. Hello, as previously mentioned, I have a mattress set. So now he wants to give me $100 in store credit. So I agree to that for some reason, and agree to take the queen apart, which is still in my house, and set our mattress on the floor. He also doesn't know when this is going to resolve itself since it is the holidays. Yippee, buy $4,000 worth of furniture and still living like a bunch of college students.

By the way, we had thrown away the old sheets and frame and the trash people got it before we knew all this was going to happen. So the mattress is bare too because I am not putting my $400 bedroom set on the floor.

The Point: We had to sleep on the couch after buying $4,000 of furniture.

No comments: