Thursday, June 26, 2008

@rocketmail.com

The first e-mail address I ever had was through Rocketmail. A couple years later Yahoo! took them over, and then a short time after that the addresses where phased out. Today I found that I can now open a new Rocketmail or Ymail account through Yahoo! in what I am guessing is an attempt for people to stop having to be the 1 million sweetie something, now you can be THE sweetie, but only if you act now! I say having to because it seems that a number of the world's population cannot come up with something original for a screen name, but how many originals can you REALLY have before you have to start doubling up? I'm a little ticked off, I have several e-mail accounts from different applications and for several purposes, but the first I ever had was gotten rid of for me. Now they are opening it back up. The name wasn't anything special but at the time it meant something to me, and hey it was my first. I can't remember the first yahoo account I had, but I have been using the same one for 10 years. Now after all that time I have to remember to type in the @yahoo.com...

On a Side Note: I am unable to get my old address back. Someone either already has it or my old address is floating around in there somewhere... now if only I could remember the password...

No comments: